Information of interest
ANSE website news
Project news by clicking here
The European Eel (2019) (797,2 KiB, 190 descargas)
Other previous news about the eel
- ANSE asks the CARM for the protection of the European eel (2010). Due to the critical state of the species, ANSE asks for a more strict protection for the species in the order of the close season.
- Eel capture in Rambla de las Moreras (2010). An eel is captured as part of a sampling activity of fish and freshwater turtles in Rambla de las Moreras.
- Detection of an eel specimen in the Segura River (2013). The eel was considered as extinct in the middle stretch of the Segura River. However, in 2013, a specimen was detected by members of ANSE in a sampling of freshwater turtles.
- Liberation of eels on the World Fish Migration Day (2014). The eel becomes one of the protagonists in order to raise awareness in the population of the importance of naturalising rivers and allowing fish migration.
- Eels in the orchard area of Murcia Region (2014). More than a score of eels that had been trapped in a pool were released.
News in other media
- Anse and the fishermen study the causes of the eel population decline. (04/03/2018). La Verdad
- ANSE works to improve the knowledge of the populations of eel of the Iberian southeast. (04/03/2018). Murcia.com
- From the Mar Menor to the Sargasso Sea (05/03/2018). Los Pies en la Tierra. La Verdad
- European eel (05/03/2018). Ecoticias
- WWF and ANSE will release marked eels in the Mar Menor (23/10/2018). Cadena SER
- WWF and ANSE will release marked eels in the Mar Menor to investigate their behaviour (23/10/2018). Cartagena Diario
- ANSE and WWF release fifty eels in the Mar Menor (24/10/2018). EfeVerde
- ANSE and WWF release fifty eels in the Mar Menor (24/10/2018). La Verdad
- Marked eels are released in the Mar Menor to study their behaviour (24/10/2018). La Opinión
- WWF and ANSE release 50 marked eels in the Mar Menor to know their migratory period (24/10/2018). Onda Regional
- The president of the Assembly participates with ANSE in a tour of the Mar Menor (24/10/2018). Murcia Assembly. Official Website of the Regional Assembly
- WWF and ANSE will release marked eels in the Mar Menor to investigate their behaviour (24/10/2018). Diario de La Manga
- Fifty marked eels are released in the Mar Menor to study their behaviour (24/10/2018). El Click Verde
- ANSE and WWF free fifty eels in the Mar Menor to investigate their behaviour. (25/10/2018). IPAC Acuicultura
- Marked eels in the Mar Menor are released to investigate their behaviour (25/10/2018). FIS. Fish Information & Services
- Fishermen’s Brotherhood of San Pedro del Pinatar
- Grupo for Research Biology and Conservación Aquatic Vertebrates of the Departament of Zoology of the University of Murcia
- Zoological Society of London (ZSL)
Other projects of ANSE in relation to the species
- Project for the Conservación of the Mar Menor and its surrounding (2014). The project carried out restoration work of coastal areas and undertook a first approach to the population distribution in the littoral of the Region of Murcia.
- The Project Guardians of the Sea. The project aimed at making known certain singular species as an example of the importance of conserving the coastal and marine areas and how to work in this direction. A small informative document with the information of the species is included. It is available in several languages.
- Data on the current state of the eel (Anguilla Anguilla) . Póster Congreso SIBIC. 2014.
- Guide Guardians of the Sea. Guide to participating in the conservation of the marine species. A descriptive sheet of the eel and actions for its conservation is included. The guide is available in several languages (EN, ES, IT, PORT).
Free actions financed by the EMFF (European Maritime and Fisheries Fund)
This project involves the collaboration of: